*** This offering has temporarily been discontinued. ***
Pay Per Cloud offers a complete disaster recovery solution hosted in our data center utilizing Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM). Oue Cloud DPM solution provides geo-redundancy as a compliment to your existing Microsoft DPM installation.
DPM Hosting with Pay Per Cloud means you get:
- Geographic Redundancy - to our Tier IV datacenter away from natural disaster prone areas
- A Private Cloud - Your backup data is never co-mingled with that from other firms.
- Your choice : DPM 2010 or DPM 2012
- Up to 30 days of cloud disk retention
- Ability to ship us initial "seed" data
- Direct access to your DPM management console
- Experts with deep expertise in Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- $595/month : Includes 500GB of Storage
- Additional storage available at $0.47/GB/month
- Optional: Site-to-Site VPN Tunnel : $100/month
Top Ten Benefits
- Zero data loss restores for servers including system state.
- The ability to create your own retention policies. E.g. You could set 15 minute intervals of backups of your production SQL Server with 2 week retention.
- Unmatched Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint functionality
DPM offers integrated support for advanced Exchange and SQL cluster configurations, shorter SQL backup windows with out the need for compression, as well as advanced SharePoint data protection options.
- Zero data loss restores for applications
DPM enables lossless recovery of Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint servers without the need for constant replication or synchronization by seamlessly integrating a point in time database restore with the existing application logs.
- Host based Virtual Server backups
DPM includes support for host based backup of Windows Virtual Server guests. Using a single host based DPM agent to provide application consistent backups of any and all guests residing on a host. DPM can protect any operating system or application via this mechanism as long as they are running on a Windows host server.
- Recover files in minutes instead of hours
A typical file recovery from tape takes hours and can be costly. The typical medium data center may have 10 to 20 or more recoveries per month. DPM enables the same recoveries in minutes, saving money for the business and time for IT administrators. Additionally, faster recovery keeps information workers productive because they spend less downtime waiting for their files to be recovered.
- Eliminate the backup window of your production servers
Massive growth in storage capabilities has increased the time needed to back up file servers. At the same time, businesses face the requirement for 24×7 uptime and the fact that there is no good time to perform a backup. Because DPM moves only the byte-level changes of the file servers it backs up, it effectively eliminates the downtime required to back up your file servers. Customers never have to plan for such "backup windows" again.
- Enable users to perform their own recoveries
Recovery and backup processes generally involve multiple administrators, each having unique expertise, adding to the data management total cost of ownership. Corporations collectively spend billions of dollars annually on recovering lost data. DPM solves these problems by enabling self-service user recovery, which lets users access and retrieve files directly within Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP applications without administrator intervention, thereby lowering administrator costs and increasing productivity.
- Storage efficiency
Patented filter technology reduces the volume of full backups by as much as 90 percent in typical organizations, saving disk space and reducing full backup time from hours to minutes. VSS point in time snapshots further reduce the disk volume required, while Express full backup images increase number of available restore points which can be captured.
- Remove tapes from branch offices and centralize backups at the data center
Today, the primary way to protect remote servers is for branch office staff to back up data to expensive removable media, such as data tape cartridges, and then manually transport the media to an offsite storage facility. Tape restores within this configuration can be expensive and slow. DPM deploys agents on the remote file servers to send the data back to the central data center where it can be more securely backed up by one IT administrator.
- Use advanced functionality at low cost
Because DPM is part of the Windows Server System, it contains tools that are already in your server software, such as Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and Windows Explorer. IT administrators are already familiar with these tools, which reduces training costs. Along with the comprehensive report functionality included with the product, DPM can also upload all of its reports and alerts to the Microsoft Operations Manager console.